Covid-19 Secure - Measures we're taking *Updated 30th March 2021*
This week the Government introduced new nationwide Covid-19 Secure rules to the gym and hospitality industries, and therefore our procedures have been updated to include the following:
- Face coverings - Face coverings should now be worn in all areas unless you are climbing/on the mats or eating or drinking.
- NHS Test and Trace - we now have the NHS Test and Trace QR code in our entrance hall and at the shoe hire desk. Please scan this to the NHS Test and Trace App on entry.
These are in addition to the original Covid-19 Secure procedures that we have implemented since reopening on 25 July:
We’ve been working hard to prepare a safe and Covid-19 Secure gym and have followed the Government and the Association of British Climbing Walls (ABC)’s guidance. We have also been accredited with Visit England’s We’re Good To Go Covid-19 Industry Standard mark.
In line with the ABC’s guidance, and so that we can maintain our social distance, our capacity will be restricted, therefore we’ve introduced bookable time slots - please book here and are also implementing the following measures to keep us all safe:
- Socially distanced flow through the building. You’ll need to remain 2m away from everyone else unless they live in your household/bubble.
- Hand sanitiser stations on entry/exit and around the centre – please keep sanitising!
- We’ll be temperature checking everyone on arrival to ensure your safety.
- Liquid chalk only. This article does a great job summing up the reasons why. Liquid chalk will be available to purchase in hut.
- High-frequency cleaning and disinfecting of high touchpoints.
- No water jars – so please bring your filled water bottles with you.
- Contactless payment preferred – although we have lots of sanitising wipes, they aren’t great for the environment, so please use contactless.
Thank you so much for your cooperation in helping us all keep safe.