Boulder Hut co-founder, Sam Oxford, has been climbing for the past 10 years. She started putting plans in place to open Boulder Hut when she was being made redundant in 2012. Having had Jack in 2015 she realised the huge gap in the market for a climbing wall which caters for everyone from birth.
Following yesterday’s government announcement, Boulder Hut will be temporarily closed from today Thursday 31st December until further notice.
What does this mean for your booking/pass?
- All climbing booking slots from Thursday onwards will be cancelled and refunds issued as required.
- All courses will be paused and will reconvene when we're back open.
- All Ultimate Passes have been frozen from 31st December and will be restarted when we're back open. You don’t need to cancel the payment with your bank.
- During previous lockdowns, we were extremely grateful to our wonderful customers who chose to continue to pay their Ultimate Pass monthly membership or make a donation even whilst we were closed. If you wish to support us at this time, please complete this form and we will set it up so you’re billed for January. It made a massive difference to us as a business last time and we would be hugely grateful if you are in a position to support us again in this way, but we fully understand that most people don’t have that luxury.
- If you’re not a member and would like to support us through these difficult times, please consider purchasing a gift card https://www.boulderhut.com/shop/gift-cards/.
Finally, although we're here having to close again, and it continues to be a sad and difficult time for everyone, we're so grateful to all our customers for continuing to visit us, adhering to our procedures, and keeping the good vibes going even whilst wearing masks. We miss you so much when we're closed, and we hope that we will see you all again soon!
The Boulder Hut Team