Boulder Hut co-founder, Sam Oxford, has been climbing for the past 10 years. She started putting plans in place to open Boulder Hut when she was being made redundant in 2012. Having had Jack in 2015 she realised the huge gap in the market for a climbing wall which caters for everyone from birth.
Boulder Hut is opening its first indoor bouldering wall in Ellesmere Port this summer and will be a centre for all generations in an inclusive environment.
We have big ambitions. We want to build a new community and inspire change, putting sustainability, work-life balance and well-being at the fore.
Our mission is to inspire a healthier lifestyle and the next generation of climbers in a safe and sustainable way and we’re looking for team members to help do this!
We’re hiring for the following roles (some could be a combination role):
Café – cook / assistant
- Preparing delicious vegan and vegetarian food in an ultra-hygienic environment
- Ensuring we’re nice and clean. Must enjoy hoovering!
- Making our customers smile
- Good till skills
Instructors (we’re hiring Freelance too – so please let us know if you’d prefer Freelance)
- Inspiring improvement in all levels of climber whilst making them smile (essential to have the Single Pitch Award (SPA) or the Climbing Wall Award (CWA)
- Setting, stripping, cleaning whilst delivering our route setting strategy
- Assisting with the smooth running of the centre and being the point of escalation for any customer service issues
For all roles we will pay at least the real living wage (currently £8.75 per hour), see why here.
We’re looking for friendly, inclusive, positive, collaborative, communicative, and respectful human beings, so if that’s you, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with JOB APPLICATION as the subject, with a covering letter detailing which position/s you are interested in, how many hours you would like to work and what salary you are looking for. Please tell us about your availability, previous experience and any other details you'd like to share (references etc.).
If you have any questions, please email Sam at the above email address.
CLOSING DATE 8th APRIL 2018